Chapter 2: The Morning of the Shooting Timeline: Discrepancies & Inconsistencies


Saturday, January 08, 2011

At 10:10am on January 8th, 2011, Jared Lee Loughner is said to have opened fire on a crowd gathering at the Safeway Store in Tucson (Casa Adobes), Arizona, where Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was holding a ‘Congresswoman on your Corner” Constituents rally. Six people, including Judge John Roll and 9-year-old, Christina Taylor Green were among the dead. 13 others were injured including Congresswoman, Gabrielle Giffords.

Many theories have been tossed around over Jared Lee Loughner’s true identity. Mainstream media, the Pima County Sheriff’s Department, the FBI, US Marshals, and AP Press all had conflicting stories. Some researchers claim he is an actor or fictitious person while others claim he was a patsy just like Lee Harvey Oswald. No evidence has been released from the Pima County Sheriff’s Department or any media outlets showing real live footage of Loughner, not even during his court hearings. Only photographs have been released. Photos, which all appear to be tampered with using Photoshop or some form of graphics program. I do agree that the photo of Loughner at the Tucson Festival of Books in 2010 is a real untampered with photo revealing his true face. 

Jared Lee Loughner, at the time of the shooting, was profiled to be a 22-year old troublesome right-wing loner that  hated the government and wanted to take his rage out on Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. The nation was told he wanted to show the world that a shooting rampage was the way to deal with his disgruntle for the government. It is said from the minute the story broke that he had a shady past and brushes with the law including paraphernalia charges for marijuana, a possible schizophrenia mind, as well as an alleged drinking problem. Even blogs were posted with the claim that Jared smoked the herb ‘Salvia’ and fell into a psycho-trance.

A few years prior to the event, claims were made in the media that Jared Lee Loughner attended a Gabrielle Giffords political rally and asked her the question, “what is government if there are no words?” He was reported to be angry at Giffords because of her response to the question.

According to the article from Slate, Nick Baumann talked to Bryce Tierney, a friend of Loughner, claimed: 

“Loughner held a years-long grudge against Giffords and had repeatedly derided her as a “fake.” Loughner’s animus toward Giffords intensified after he attended one of her campaign events and she did not, in his view, sufficiently answer a question he had posed, Tierney says.”

Editor’s Note: Tierney, claims that Loughner believed that Gabrielle Giffords was a fake. I question what he meant by Giffords being a fake. If Tierney is telling the truth then did Loughner mean that Giffords was a fake, meaning a ‘political actor’ and not following through with her promises to the citizens of AZ or did he mean, Giffords was not the real Giffords and was a fake or body double? I will explore the possibility, after a thorough investigation in a later chapter that Giffords actually might be a fake and the real Gabrielle Giffords has been replaced by a body double, possibly a Monarch MK-Ultra victim, or crisis actor. 

Giffords before & after shooting comparison
Giffords & Husband Mark Kelly before and after shooting

Specifically, Jared Loughner, the accused gunman in the shooting rampage has been painted out to be America’s worst nightmare. Immediate news reports pegged him as a white loner that was into satanic rituals, pot smoking, psychedelic drugs, and devious sexual behaviors, while hating the government. The image the media painted him to be was just what you would have expected the ‘homegrown’ nut to be. His photographs were presented to the public as being bald, has a steroid looking body and dark cold eyes.


From the photographs, Loughner had gone from a high school football hero to a Nazi skinhead.

However, who really is Jared Lee Loughner? We cannot take the media’s word as we are in a time where the mainstream media and AP press have been caught lying to the American public. 




According to mainstream media and Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, on Saturday January 08, 2011, Jared Lee Loughner went on a shooting rampage at the Safeway store parking lot at the corner of Ina & Oracle in Tucson (Casa Adobes), Arizona. 


November 30th, 2010– Jared Lee Loughner allegedly purchased a Glock, Model 19, 9mm handgun that had a high capacity extended magazine that could hold up to 31 rounds. He also purchased a box of Winchester ammo. This purchase was made at Sportsman’s Warehouse in Tucson, AZ. The high capacity magazine was banned while the federal assault weapons ban was in place during the Clinton administration. The ban was allowed to expire during the Bush administration with much criticism from the anti-gun pushers.

Jan. 7, 2011, 11:35 pm: Loughner allegedly dropped off a roll of 35mm film to be developed at Walgreens the night before the shooting located at 3800 W. Ina Road, Tucson. According to a report from ABC news following the shooting, Walgreens developed the roll of film and turned it over to authorities. These pictures allegedly revealed that Loughner was taking pictures of himself in a mirror while wearing a bright red ‘G’ string along with the Glock 19 he just recently purchased.

Jan. 8, 2011, 12:24 am: Loughner makes a purchase at Circle K Store #3400, 4900 W. Ina Road, Tucson.

Jan. 8, 2011, 12:29 am.: Loughner checks into the popular truck stop Motel 6, 4630 W. Ina Road, Tucson. Apparently, Loughner checked into this hotel, paid $37.99 for the night, and then left to go back home. 

Jan. 8th, 2011, 1:45 am: Loughner allegedly was back to his parents’ home located at 7741 Soledad Ave., Tucson. It took approximately six minutes according to Map Quest directions. According to reports, he ran into Michelle Martinez and her friends. Martinez claimed, “We were just hanging out in the neighborhood at 1:45 am when Jared’s ‘sullen’ figure appeared in the darkness, wearing a black hoodie, and startled them with his rambling odyssey.” Apparently, Loughner picked his way through the group rather than walk around them, offering a deep, distant “What’s up?” He then quickly picked up his pace and disappeared into the deep darkness. Martinez also claims, “I had a feeling he was thinking about something.” Martinez knew Loughner from their school days. “It was just kind of weird.”

Jan. 8, 2011, 2 am: Loughner allegedly called an old friend, Bryce Tierney, according to Mother Jones. Loughner and Bryce had been confidants in high school but had not talked for many months. Loughner is said to have severed ties with Tierney as his conspiratorial behavior was growing. Loughner used to bang the drums in Tierney’s garage while his friend played the guitar. They would talk philosophy and about how the modern world was draining people of individualism while getting high on Marijuana. In 2007, according to Tierney, they were pulled over together, by police, and admitted smoking a marijuana joint in a van on the way back from a convenient store.

Tierney claims he was up watching a real-life ghost chasers show on TV, when his cell phone rang. The incoming number was listed as blocked, so he did not answer. Tierney said he checked the message immediately following the blocked call. Tierney claims Loughner left the following message saying, “Hey Bryce, its Jared. We had some good times together. Peace out, later.”

Tierney’s testimony on mainstream interviews following the shooting seem questionable as he appears to have over exaggerated his feelings towards Loughner. Tierney’s testimony was also questionable when he seemed to have known a lot about Loughner’s state of mind even though he hadn’t spent much time with him in several months. Tierney’s claims that Loughner was only interested in pushing people’s buttons. It seemed that Tierney apparently knew Loughner more than most others and claimed Loughner was into ‘Lucid Dreaming’ and grew convinced that he could control his dreams. Recalling on one of Loughner’s YouTube video’s that were discovered after the shooting, he allegedly wrote, “My favorite activity is conscience dreaming: the greatest inspiration for my political business information.”

An interesting note is the claim that Tierney makes to mainstream that in October 2008, Tierney was living in Phoenix, and Loughner came to visit. They went to see a Mars Volta concert with friends. Tierney claims, “he was surprised when Loughner said he had “quit partying completely.” Loughner said, “I’m going to lead a more healthy lifestyle, not smoke cigarettes or smoke pot anymore, and I’m going to start working out.” Tierney claims he was happy for his friend, “I said, Dude, that’s awesome! The next time I saw Jared he was 10 pounds lighter!” Tierney never saw Loughner smoke pot again. He was surprised at media reports that Loughner had been rejected from the military in 2009 for failing a drug test: “He was clean, clean. I saw him after that continuously. He would not do it.”

Also, Tierney then claimed after Loughner gave up the drugs and booze and “his theories got worse,” Tierney says. “After he quit, he was just off the wall.” “Loughner started to drift away from his group of friends about a year ago.” and “By early 2010, dreaming had become Loughner’s “waking life, his reality.  He sort of drifted off, didn’t really care about hanging out with friends. He’d be sleeping a lot.” Loughner’s alternate reality was attractive, Tierney says. He figured out he could fly. Loughner told his friends, “I’m so into it because I can create things and fly. I’m everything I’m not in this world.” Tierney also believed that Loughner did what he did to “create more media chaos.”

Editors note: Tierney has conflicting testimony to mainstream media about Loughner. He claims he smokes Marijuana and drinks, then claims Loughner quit. He claims he is a close friend to Loughner but then says, he stopped drinking and smoking and less and less hung out with them. In my opinion, most people who are wanting to change their lifestyles will change their playmates and playgrounds in order to clean up. If Loughner wanted to stop drinking and smoking, more than likely he would not engage in any environments which had alcohol or drugs involved. This is a known technique preached in AA and Alcohol & Drug programs. Loughner was sentenced as a juvenile and young adult to a “diversion” program through the courts and that would require him to stay away from people who are engaged in these activities. Tierney, who was pulled over with Loughner and admitted to smoking a joint together is an indication that the courts and or probation office would have forbidden the two to be around each other until after the diversion program is completed. 

Jan 8, 2011, 2:19 am: Allegedly, Loughner returns to the Walgreens to retrieve his developed photos and made a purchase. It is reported later that Walgreens turned over the photos to authorities but it is not clear whether they provided them with copies or negatives. According to Pima County Sheriff’s Dept Loughner had already retrieved the photos from Walgreens.

Jan 8, 2011, 2:34 am: Loughner then makes a purchase at a Chevron Store, 4202 W. Ina, Tucson.

Jan 8, 2011, 4:12 am: Loughner was on a computer at an unknown location and posted a bulletin on his Myspace page titled,  “Goodbye friends” and posted a photo from Walgreens on the profile page. It is unclear whether he uploaded these photos digitally or found a scanner to upload photos.

Editor’s Note: This information released by Pima County Sheriff’s Department makes no sense since the MySpace was reported stolen by Loughner himself. Why would Loughner post on a page that he claimed was not his? 

Jan. 8, 2011, 4:30-6:11 am:  Loughner stopped again at another Circle K convenient store to make another purchase and then went on his quest to find more ammunition for his Glock 19.

Jan 8, 2011, 6:12 am:  Loughner went to Walmart at the Foothills Mall, 7635 N. La Cholla Blvd., Tucson. Conflicting reports surface in the media based on the timeline. Some reports claim that Loughner went to Walmart at 6:12 a.m. and could not purchase ammo until 7:00 a.m. according to store policy so Loughner left and did not purchase anything.

Jan. 8, 2011, 6:21 am:  Again, reports claim that Loughner makes another purchase at Circle K Store at 3712 W. Cortaro Farms Rd., Tucson.

Jan. 8, 2011, 7:04 am: Loughner allegedly returns to the Walmart and tries to buy ammunition but left without purchasing. Claims surfaces that an employee thought he looked crazy and refused to sell him ammo. However, in a conflicting report from Phoenix Time News:

“Following several attempts to get more information about a Walmart employee who reportedly refused to sell Tucson shooting suspect Jared Loughner ammunition on the morning of Saturday’s deadly shooting rampage, the retail giant has finally dignified us with a response — and it’s worthless. As the story goes, Loughner bought ammunition used in the massacre at a local Walmart hours before the shooting. That, reportedly, was only after an employee at a different Walmart refused to sell the madman bullets. Initial reports claimed that Loughner tried to buy ammunition from a Tucson Walmart. The salesman, it’s been reported, lied to Loughner, telling him he didn’t have the ammunition he was requesting. The reports claimed there was something about Loughner that — not in so many words — freaked out the salesman.”

Jan. 8, 2011, 7:27 am: Loughner purchases ammunition and a black backpack-style diaper bag at another Walmart,  8280 N. Cortaro Road, Marana, Ariz.

Editor’s Note: Loughner tries to purchase ammunition at 7:04 am at the Walmart At Foothills Mall but was refused. Then 23 minutes later he purchases ammo at another Walmart which is 6.2 miles away. In 23 minutes, Loughner was able to walk across Walmart to exit the building, find his car, leave, travel 6.2 miles, park, walk into another Walmart, travel back to the sporting goods, talk to the cashier, and purchase the ammo he needed… all in 23 minutes according to the official timeline released by the Pima County Sheriff’s office. Then, just three minutes later, Loughner is pulled over by an Arizona Game & Fish Dept. officer. hmm… 

Jan 8, 2011, 7:30 am: Arizona Game & Fish Department officer pulls over Loughner for running a red light on Cortaro Road and I-10 in his Grey 1969 Nova. The officer apparently did not see anything suspect and let Loughner go after checking his license for outstanding warrants.

Jan 8, 2011, 7:31 a.m. to 9:40 am:  Loughner returned home, removed a black bag from the vehicle. His father confronted him and so he fled on foot carrying the black bag. The confrontation allegedly happened in the driveway. It was there that Jared pulled a black diaper bag from the trunk of the Nova. Randy Loughner demanded to know what was going on. The father went out and said, ‘What’s that?’ and he mumbled something and took off,” Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said.

Editor’s Note: Loughner was pulled over by an officer following his alleged ammo purchase at Walmart at 7:27am. Then, the Pima County Sheriff’s Dept., claims between 7:31-9:40, he returned home and was confronted by his father. This time period, does not add up. The average traffic stop is approximately 20 minutes. This would put the time he left the traffic stop at 7:50 am. From there, Loughner would have had to travel home an additional six miles in early morning heavy traffic. This would place his time of arrival at approximately 8:15 am. How could Loughner’s father, Randy Loughner, not be able to give a more accurate time of arrival and how it is the Pima County Sheriff’s Dept. timeline has so many inconsistencies? 

Allegedly, Loughner was desperate to escape at this point. He took off toward the corner where he used to ride the school bus with his neighbor Michelle Martinez, and then apparently went right and then a quick left before entering a sandy wash that runs behind the houses on the other side of his street, North Soledad Avenue. He then raced through the desert scrub and cactus. Loughner eventually arrived at a dry tributary 300 feet later. A dead-end, which ended into a bigger wash. His father claims he then jumped into his truck to catch up with his son but by that time, his son had disappeared from view. Allegedly, Loughner then ditched his ‘black bag’ at the intersection of the two washes and left the same caliber ammo in the bag as the Glock he had purchased.

Loughner had an escape route that took him up the wash and past the back of the post office. Eventually he ended up at the same Circle K that he had visited three hours prior. He was allegedly carrying two extended high capacity magazine clips along with two fifteen round magazines, a four-inch buck knife, a Visa card, cash, and his driver’s license in a plastic bag.

Jan. 8, 2011, 9:41 am: Loughner called the AAA Full Transportation Taxi Service and asked for a cab to pick him up at the Circle K at 3712 W. Cortaro Farms Road, Tucson, and drove him to the Safeway at 7100 N. Oracle Road, Tucson. John Marino was the taxi driver that allegedly picked him up and dropped him off at the crime scene.

Jan. 8, 2011, 9:54 am:  Cab driver, John Marino and Loughner go into the Safeway to get change for the fare. Following the shooting, Pima County Sheriff’s Department released a photo of a possible second shooter involved. Within hours, another report was issued that the ‘second shooter’ of interest turned out to be John Marino, the taxi cab driver. Soon, that was dismissed. Marino told News 4, that he thinks about January 8th and re-lives it in his mind. “Just like you’re doing your job and then the guy goes out and leaves your car and kills a bunch of people, you don’t know he’s gonna do that, unless you talk about it, he didn’t talk about anything.”

John Marino AAA taxi driver

Editor’s Note: Many of the videos have been scrubbed from the Internet now and are deleted from history. There are discrepancies in the “taxi” driver story. First, it takes approximately 13 minutes to get from where Marino picked up Loughner and dropped him off at the Safeway store. Unless Marino was waiting across the street at the Circle K, where Loughner called, there is no way he could have been dropped off at 9:54 am. Plus, Loughner would have had to have some time to look up the taxi number and make the request. It is approximately 6.8 miles to the Safeway destination from where he was picked up. 


John Marino taxi driver interviewed

Marino also claims that he went inside the Safeway to get change for Loughner for the taxi fare. He also stated that he heard the shooting shortly after it happened but did not realize that he was connected in any way. He claims that he had no idea that he brought Loughner to the event that lead to a mass shooting. “Well I knew I just left there but I had no idea that I brought him there, I found that out later, but I said, wow I was in that parking lot 10 minutes ago.” He also told News 4, “I gave him the change and I left, and I guess right after I left was when he did it. No indication at all, like he was perfectly calm.” 

There are more inconsistencies with Marino’s story and will be addressed in a later chapter. 

Jan. 8, 2011, 10:10 am:  Loughner opens fire. 6 people were killed and 13 were injured. 19 people in total Loughner shot.

Jan. 8, 2011, 10:11 am:  Pima County Sheriff’s Office begins to receive 911 calls reporting the mass shooting. 

Jan. 8, 2011, 10:14 am:  First paramedic unit, Rural Metro Fire Rescue 76, dispatched to shooting at Safeway.

Jan. 8, 2011: 10:15 am: Deputy Thomas Audetat (Foothills) is the first deputy on scene and allegedly detains Loughner.

Jan. 8, 2011, 10:16 am: Deputy Georgina Patino is the second deputy on scene and secures the weapon and crime scene. Loughner was reportedly taken to the Pima County Sheriff’s Department for booking. Deputy Nicholas Phaneuf was also one of the first deputies at the crime scene, applied pressure to Giffords’ wound until paramedics arrived.

Jan. 8, 2011, 10:19 am: Medical personal arrive at the crime scene.

Jan. 8, 2011, 10:31 am:  Southwest Ambulance Paramedic 831 arrives at the scene.

Later in the day, following the shooting, investigators with the Pima County Sheriff’s Department previously said they found handwritten notes in Loughner’s safe claiming, “I planned ahead, my assassination and Giffords.” Pima County Sheriff’s Department, Captain Chris Nanos said all the writings were either in an envelope or on a form letter, Giffords office sent him in 2007 after he signed in at one of her “Congress on Your Corner” events, the same kind of gathering where the Safeway massacre occurred.

According to a criminal complaint, Statement of Probable Cause, filed Jan 9, 2011, by Special Agent, Tony Taylor Jr, reviewed by US Attorney Dennis Burke for the United States Attorney, and signed off by Patrick J. Cunningham, Criminal Divisions Chief, Phoenix, and Judge Michelle Burns, “Some of the evidence seized from the location include a letter in a safe, addressed to Mr. Jared Loughney, at XXXXXXXXXXX, from Congresswoman Giffords Congressional Stationary, dated August 30, 2007.”

Jan. 8, 2011, 10:50 am: Suspect transported to Foothills Substation, 7300 N. Shannon Road, Tucson, AZ.

Jan. 8, 2011, 6:59 pm: Warrant served at Loughner’s parents’ residence. 7700 block N. Soledad Ave.

Richard Kastigar, Pima County Sheriff’s Operation Bureau Chief, who overseen the investigation in Pima County noted a scrawling on a piece of paper was found in Loughner’s house which including the wordsdie bitch and words to the effect of assassination plans have been arranged.

Download Official Timeline